Monday, December 31, 2012

Ode to my feverish molar cutting babe

Its New Year's Eve and I had hoped for a balloon drop with you at noon at Kidspace just like we did last year. We missed out on a special Rose Parade float preview yesterday. But then there's life happening and other things like your emerging molars take top priority. And hunny girl, I just want you to feel better. As you lay zonked out on my chest, thoughts of chores I could be doing like coloring my hair, mailing out a very late Xmas package to my sister race through my head. Then you lift your sweaty weary sweet toddler head up in a wobbly sort of way and peek one eye in my direction to make sure I am still underneath you. You heave a soft sigh of relief and collapse again on me. All my thoughts of chores drop away.
This is when I feel my place on this planet, my purpose....when I know where I am most needed and I feel your love and know you would do the same for me if you could. I squeeze your hot little paw and send the love right back. Glad to spend my New Year's Eve with you my dear little love.


No comments:

Post a Comment